Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Small Favors of Real Angels





Angels don't have to have wings. I don't like calling people hero's because I believe that the acts that "hero's" do should be standard behavior. However it's obvious that so many of us ignore our heroic intuition inside of us so those who do stop and listen should be noted.

My dad ran into a doctor that's one of the top cardiologists in our states biggest hospital chain. He somehow knew of my condition and asked my dad about it. He didn't have to, it must be annoying having people bum advice off you every day. But this doc didn't just listen and give advice but he offered up others doctors names who specialize in my disease. Who will hopefully really be able to help. He ended up emailing my dad the names, and a secretary to whom he called to let her know we will be contacting her soon.
It wasn't much, it only took a few minutes out of his day. But we have gone from doctor to doctor and the times we get someone who truly listens and doesn't just nod and half care, are few and far between.
I realized I can't complain any more about the docs who don't care; because I also brush aside and half listen to many of my own conversations. Hopefully now i'll be able to live as todays angel and go that small extra mile that will be able to make someones day.

No comments:

Post a Comment