Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oi. Enough with the Sympathy Already!!!


So here's the thing...

A couple of Sundays ago i pushed myself to go to church even though i was feelin all shiatza. I ended up blacking out and needed to be escorted, practically dragged out by my father. Now this isn't all that uncommon, but usually i sit in the back so when my limbs get wiggly or limp i can just fall over and no one really notices.
Not this time.
I was so bombarded by Facebook emails and texts that my blood boiled. then days later people were asking me "How are you feeling?" The most obnoxious question in the WORLD!!!!
I just told them that it wasn't a big deal, but people always seem to think that i'm being under or over dramatic about it by saying that. They don't get that an "event" for me is the equivalent of a headache for them. It happens all the time, then I get over it and move on with the rest of the day and by the time my head hits the pillow for beddy-by i've forgotten all abouts it.
I just wish people would just realize it's life for me, it's not a big deal, and asking me "how are you feeling." "Are you feeling better." "I've been praying for you." is sweet. but it gets very old very fast.
It doesn't comfort me, it just reminds me, "oh, that's right my body sucks compared to everyone elses. that smells." Otherwise it wouldn't even phase me half as much as it does now.

No comments:

Post a Comment