Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tinkle Tinkle Little Star...Yup I'm going there...


So life is about living and dealing with the crap that gets sprung on us and figuring out a way to make it entertaining. Now this next post most definitely lyes under the TMI category. But i'm posting it anyway. Why? Because, everyone who knows Dysautonamia KNOWS it's bound to happen every now and again.

Okay now for STORY time:

A couple of weeks ago I was in the pool and it happened. Every girl has experienced that feeling, where you're in the middle of nowhere and you feel it. Aunt Flow is taking over! So I cus under my breath turn to my cousin and tell her i'm pretty sure "George" has come to visit. She rolls her eyes in sympathy and I proceed to get out of the pool.
It twas then I realized. Oh $#@%! That is NOT Aunt Flow!
I was stuck I didn't know if I just let myself tinkle or rush to the bathroom with my legs crossed. For a second I stopped to deliberate with myself....thankfully i'm a quick thinker. "Self?" I thought. "Should I stay and just let my body do its thing even though this pool is a salt water pool and contains very little chlorine, or do I jet?"
I looked across the pool at my cousin..."If she finds out I peed in this pool she'll kill me!"
So I booked it, hoping the force of the run wouldn't cause any accidents on the cement. Luckily my physics lesson paid off. I was in the clear!
Damn that bladder...ah what a great pun! I need a dam in my bladder...

Anywho.

I wasn't embarrassed then, just pissed. But now typing this, knowing it's going out in the cyber world for the universe and future employers to read i'm a tad nervous. But it needs to be said. For you the fellow sufferer, who knows the power incontinence can take from you. Take it back. It's not going to ruin me, it doesn't make me any less of a lady...however i know this post might.

My Fellow P.O.T.S-heads I feel your pain. I too have experienced the ultimate uh oh moment! I'm here for you. Just remember. Everybody poops, and everyone with a condition like ours ends up losing control every now and again!

1 comment:

  1. I hpe this makes you feel better about your embarassing moment:

    http://theqcontinuing.wordpress.com/2009/10/07/memories/

    Also, I have had a similar experience at a pool, except I didn't make it to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete