Dying is highly overrated. What? It is.
I've died many times and so far i'm still sane. Sure I may not really have a tight grasp on reality, but who needs reality anyway? I'll leave that mess to Snookie.
I remember the first time I died. At least it's the first time I remember dying. In the first couple months of 2008 I was running on my favorite path right outside the city near the mountains. I loved it because it's extremely hilly and absolutely beautiful. I was training for the marathon and had been running on average 8 miles a day. I had only gone about three miles as I was running up the first really large hill. I remember having my headphones in at the bottom of the hill with the song blaring, I was pumped to reach the top.
The next thing I knew I was at the top of the hill, spread eagle, earphones two feet away with another song blaring from the speakers. I don’t remember actually running up it.
I was dazed and confused and not the good kind. I caught my breath, and continued running. I pushed it away because almost exactly a year before I was on a motorcycle trip across the state with my man-friend. I was riding on the back when I had him pull over. I remember tapping him on the shoulder to stop then the next thing I knew I was sitting Indian style on the side of the road with my helmet off. I didn't remember getting off the bike and I didn't remember taking my helmet off. I thought it was just my period then, so when I found myself on top of the hill I dismissed it once again as my period and kept treckin on. ...you'll find out very soon that i'm kinda an idiot and when common sense interferes with what I want, I tend to simply ignore it.
It didn't hit me until months later what happened. The thought of me running through the mountains and on city streets not to mention one of the scariest parks in the state while passing out every now and again...well I was lucky I guess.
Maybe no one noticed because I fit in with all the druggies at our local ‘needle’ park when I passed out...that explains a lot actually...
No comments:
Post a Comment