Friday, January 17, 2014

Here We Go Again

After a long hiatus I’m back. The main reason why I stopped writing was, well, when I originally started this blog I wanted to write because all the other blogs on Dysautonomia were so depressing.  Each entry from all my favorite blogettes were tear jerkers. So I wanted mine to be more uplifting and positive.

After my wonderful neurologist left my area and went to Columbia University I went through a deep depression because my new doctor, well to put it nicely he’s like an old crow trying to keep all his eggs warm he hasn't realized they've already hatched.

I wasn't happy and I sure as hell wasn't in a place where I could blog about what was going on in my life without it coming across as slightly “Hope is emo.”
( If you don’t get the reference youtube it.) Priceless.  Oh how I miss 2007.

I digress, after a long journey, months of introspection with help of yoga, a reality check, and a kick ass therapist.  I’m back with what I've learned.

When nothing is going to change, no miracle is going to take place you can’t just say you accept it; you must mean it. I used to think I did mean it, but I didn't. I was still waiting for a miracle drug or my symptoms to vanish. And after five years they didn't so I had to figure something out.
I’m not going to say I figured it all out, but hopefully the following posts of what I've learned will somehow help you in your life too!


If not, I hope I’ve at least made you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment