Sunday, July 1, 2012

Getting back into the game...


Let’s do a little catch up!
So they took me off the carbadopa levodopa. (spelling completely) worked fabulously but made me sleep 20 hours a day. Literally 15-20 hours a day sleep.
And I ain’t no sleeping beauty, so heaven knows I was excited to get off it. 
Now I’m on Baclofen (also spelled wrong I’m sure) it’s mainly used for people with MS from what I hear but it’s used with MANY types of patients. A couple of my old students were on Baclofen pumpsif ya would of told me five years ago I’d have the same doctors and meds as my students I probably would have thrown up.
HOWEVER I LOVE my baclofen. I’m a little worried because according to my doc I’m on the highest dosage and if my body gets used to it I may have to get a pump. Oi!
Which leads me to TERRIBLE newsmy sweet, perfect, smartest damn doctor there is, left meshe moved across the country to keep reaching her academic and researching dreams.
God bless her, but I’m devastated.
I’m in good hands, with my new doc, although he’s old. I mean, so old he walked out of my room and started walking down the hall and a nurse came over to him and sweetly asked if he was confuse and told him his next patient was the other way.
“I’m not confused! I’m just going to the bathroom for cryin out loud! Eayeh!”
This would worry me but everyone I talk to says he’s a genius that has only gotten better with age. My gastro doc almost swooned when I told him. The old guy, Dr. G. was a mentor during the gastro’s residency. He told me, “Watch him when he thinkshe’ll close his eyes and do a light blinking thing. Then when he’s got the answer he’ll lift up his left hand slightly and his pointer finger towards the ceiling.” Sure enough that’s exactly what Dr G. did.
The baclofen has changed my life, I’m not even on the same playing field as I was before. Before, it was like everyone was in the football game and I was still siting in my car in the parking lot. Now I’m hangin out sitting on the bench by the sidelines with my compressions stockings; praying I’ll be able to put my cleats on soon!

I'll leave ya with some of my FAV video's...at least my fav this week:






and now lets let miss B take us to our finale...

No comments:

Post a Comment